Close Up Summer Solstice

1:00 AM

Heeeyyyy! :)

I'm back! Well, sort of. Haha! I was on a 2-week hiatus after my final exams + block outing and swore to not go out of our residence until I see my grades. I can't believe I actually did it. I, who is notorious for gala, going out, and all that, managed to stay put. (Actually, I also felt that its too hot to go out and I prefer the comfort of my home than the super mega heat of the sun here in Manila. Lol) What I have been doing this summer are these: read my bookssss and catch up on to watch TV shows and movies. I managed to catch up on Game of Thrones before the third season premiered in the US last April 1 (April 2 here in PH. :D). I'm still catching up on Arrow and my to read books are still piling up, so... yeah. ;)

ANYWAY. It's Close Up Summer Solstice!

Solstice, by definition, is either of the two times of the year when the sun is at the most greatest distance of the celestial equator. Summer Solstice is when the sun reaches its northernmost point in the celestial sphere while Winter Solstice is when the sun reaches its southernmost point. Also, summer solstice is the longest day of the year while winter solstice is the shortest. But since I'm in the Philippines, I'm not sure if the summer solstice is the same with the western countries. Everyday is like a summer solstice here because of the heat. Lol. (Trivia: I first learned about the two solstices in Percy Jackson series. The gods love those days. Haha and I wanted to understand better so I looked it up a bit, that's how I know what I just told you. Nag-lecture pa talaga ako. :D)


However, the Close Up Summer Solstice event


 ... is a 12-hour Non-stop Music Festival, from 4 PM to 4 AM at MOA Concert Grounds on April 27. This is the first year that Close Up is giving us this event so I am sure it will be a blast. Although there has been other music festivals, in the Philippines before, I think this is the largest festival, yet. Music lovers like me is very excited for this because it would feel like Coachella (Mind you, I know I'm not alone in saying that I dream of attending Coachella someday), but instead of 3 days of music, we have 12 hours of partying and music.

What makes this event one of the biggest party in the Philippines yet are the artists performing. Close Up will be flying in 7 international artists and 3 of the most sought after local bands.


After seeing all these artists, who wouldn't want to go to this event, right?
I'm looking forward to seeing Dev, DJ Afrojack, and Cobra Starship, though Gabe will not be there :( Sad. Nevertheless, the DJ set will be there so I know it will still be awesome. Yey!

And these are some of the moments I'm looking forward to:




So, who's excited? I know I am. ;)

Visit http://closeupsummersolstice.com.ph for ticket prices and other information.

Follow Close Up on these sites:

You really should follow them on Twitter and Facebook because they give away tickets sometimes, and that's how I got mine. :)))) See you there! TSG

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe to my Posts!

@rhamichubizarro on Instagram

Subscribe